ANDREW JACKSON WESTBERRY
(MOSES JOSIAH3, JOSIAH2, MOSES1) was born April 10, 1884 in Georgia, and died September 12, 1934 in Wayne Co, Georgia. He married (1) CELIA ARNETTE September 04, 1904 in Wayne Co, Georgia. She was born Abt. 1893. He married (2) MILZINA WESTBERRY March 25, 1917 in Wayne Co, Georgia, daughter of JAMES WESTBERRY and NANCY HARRIS. She was born December 02, 1902 in Wayne Co, Georgia, and died 1990 in Wayne Co, Georgia.
Notes for ANDREW JACKSON WESTBERRY:
1910 Census, Wayne Co, Georgia.
Andrew J. Westberry, 23; Alea, 15; Duran, 3.
1920 Census, Wayne Co, Georgia.
Andrew Westberry, 34; Mattie, 19 (Wife); Emory, 2; Andrew J., 4/12.
1930 Census, Wayne Co, Georgia.
Andy J. Westberry, 40, Laborer at Saw Mill; Millie, 29, Wife; Dorsey M., 12, Son; Andy J. Jr., 10, Son.
(Both Andrew & Milzina are buried at Flint Branch)
Child of ANDREW WESTBERRY and CELIA ARNETT is:
i. DURANT WINFORD “Buck” WESTBERRY, b. November 11, 1906, Georgia; d. June 09, 1994, Georgia.
Notes for DURANT WINFORD WESTBERRY:
Buried at the Flint Branch cemetery.
Children of ANDREW WESTBERRY and MILZINA WESTBERRY are:
2. ii. DORSEY EMORY WESTBERRY, b. July 26, 1917; d. May 13, 1951, Broward Co, Florida.
3. iii. ANDREW JACKSON WESTBERRY, JR, b. September 04, 1919, Wayne Co, Georgia; d. July 15, 2003, Augusta, Georgia.
Generation No. 2
2. DORSEY EMORY WESTBERRY (ANDREW JACKSON4, MOSES JOSIAH3, JOSIAH2, MOSES1) was born July 26, 1917, and died May 13, 1951 in Broward Co, Florida. He married SARAH REED.
Notes for DORSEY EMORY WESTBERRY:
US Army, WWII.
*The Jesup Sentinel, Thursday, May 17, 1951.
Funeral Held For D. Westberry Sunday P. M. Funeral services for Dorsey Westberry, 33, who drowned Sunday afternoon near Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, while fishing, were held Wednesday afternoon at 3 o’clock at the Flint Branch Baptist Church with Elder H. C. Hodges and Elder David S. West officiating. He is survived by one son, Nelson Emory Westberry of Waycross; two brothers, A. J. Westberry and Durant Westberry, both of Jesup; his mother, Mrs. Millie Roberson of Odum. Active pallbearers were Rufus Thornton, Arvel Westberry, Mayro Westberry, Otis Westberry, Carlton Fender and Clifford Westberry, Interment was in the church cemetery in charge of Harrison Funeral Home.
Child of DORSEY WESTBERRY and SARAH REED is:
i. NELSON EMORY WESTBERRY.
3. ANDREW JACKSON WESTBERRY, JR (ANDREW JACKSON4, MOSES JOSIAH3, JOSIAH2, MOSES1) was born September 04, 1919 in Wayne Co, Georgia, and died July 15, 2003 in Augusta, Georgia. He married N. BRINKLEY.
Notes for ANDREW JACKSON WESTBERRY, JR:
Andrew. J. Westberry Andrew Jackson Westberry, 83, died July 15, 2003, in the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Augusta. The Wayne County native was a Baptist, an auto mechanic and an avid fisherman. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II, a Purple Heart recipient, a member of the Leon Parrish Post no. 4583 of Jesup and member of the Disabled American Veterans.
He is survived by three daughters, Wanda Spencer, Gloria Bucalo, both of Jellico, Tenn. and Virginia Rathbun of Aurora, Colo.; a son, Andrew J. Westberry of U.S.N., Norfolk, Va.; nine grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren. Funeral services were held July 22 at the
Gordon-Harrison Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Larry Harris officiating.
Burial with military rites was in the Flint Branch Cemetery under the direction of the Gordon-Harrison Funeral Home.
Children of ANDREW WESTBERRY and N. BRINKLEY are:
4. i. WANDA WESTBERRY, b. March 04, 1955.
5. ii. GLORIA M. WESTBERRY, b. January 05, 1957, Ohio.
6. iii. JUSTINA VIRGINIA WESTBERRY, b. June 24, 1959, Florida.
iv. ANDREW JACKSON WESTBERRY III, b. July 14, 1960.
Notes for ANDREW JACKSON WESTBERRY III:
Serves in US Navy.
Generation No. 3
4. WANDA WESTBERRY (ANDREW JACKSON5, ANDREW JACKSON4, MOSES JOSIAH3, JOSIAH2, MOSES1) was born March 04, 1955. She married MICHAEL E. SPENCER December 10, 1978. He was born February 26, 1957.
Children of WANDA WESTBERRY and MICHAEL SPENCER are:
i. JENNIFER LYNN SPENCER, b. September 29, 1976.
7. ii. ANGIE M. SPENCER, b. August 20, 1978, Ohio.
8. iii. NICOLE SPENCER, b. March 19, 1980.
5. GLORIA M. WESTBERRY (ANDREW JACKSON5, ANDREW JACKSON4, MOSES JOSIAH3, JOSIAH2, MOSES1) was born January 05, 1957 in Ohio. She married (1) UNK WATSON. She married (2) UNK CARPENTER. She married (3) UNK BUCALO.
Children of GLORIA WESTBERRY and UNK WATSON are:
i. SHANNON J. WATSON, b. May 17, 1975.
ii. GLORIA LYNN WATSON, b. November 14, 1977.
Child of GLORIA WESTBERRY and UNK CARPENTER is:
iii. NINA CARPENTER, b. October 09, 1980.
6. JUSTINA VIRGINIA WESTBERRY (ANDREW JACKSON5, ANDREW JACKSON4, MOSES JOSIAH3, JOSIAH2, MOSES1) was born June 24, 1959 in Florida. She married EUGENE N. RATHBONE. He was born November 08, 1955.
Children of JUSTINA WESTBERRY and EUGENE RATHBONE are:
i. TANYA J. RATHBONE, b. October 30, 1977.
ii. MELISSA RATHBONE, b. December 28, 1980.
iii. CHRISTOPHER RATHBONE, b. August 04, 1985.
Generation No. 4
7. ANGIE M. SPENCER (WANDA6 WESTBERRY, ANDREW JACKSON5, ANDREW JACKSON4, MOSES JOSIAH3, JOSIAH2, MOSES1) was born August 20, 1978 in Ohio. She married ERIC HARTMAN.
Child of ANGIE SPENCER and ERIC HARTMAN is:
i. ANNA MARIA HARTMAN, b. January 05, 1997.
8. NICOLE SPENCER (WANDA6 WESTBERRY, ANDREW JACKSON5, ANDREW JACKSON4, MOSES JOSIAH3, JOSIAH2, MOSES1) was born March 19, 1980. She married WILLIAM DOUGLAS. He was born in Tennessee.
Child of NICOLE SPENCER and WILLIAM DOUGLAS is:
i. CHRISTINIA L. DOUGLAS, b. February 26, 1998.